other gamedev art sites?

Started by
12 comments, last by videodragon20032003 18 years, 8 months ago
it's quite clear that the focus of gamedev.net is on programming - which is awesome, nothing against that at all. (the programmer i work with learned ALOT from this site) does anyone know if there is site of equal value and content that focuses on game art development by indie artists? it be cool to have a place that had tutorials on say making interfaces, or uv texturing. id also love to have a place where i could see other people's UV texture work, study their style and methods. the same goes for modeling, animation (purhaps have tutorials that show specific key-frames and animation paths so you can study and learn better ways to do that stuff) The same with 2d art. spritework tutorials and method explainations would also be hot. is there anything like this?
Advertisement
Nothing really springs to mind, theres always www.3dbuzz.com and www.cgtalk.org but they're generaly more TV/film animation oriented
y doesnt someone make a game artist website? wouldnt that be a bit better?

you know what...let's just go make a website for game artists. who is willilng to help?(ive got no knowledge of how to do this but hell im willing to learn)
Look at cgtalk, there is a whole board just based on game art

www.polycount.com
you might like pixelation:

http://pixelation.cjb.net/
Why does the pixelation forum link never work for me? I always want to check it out but it just gives me

Quote:Hier entstehen die Internet-Seiten des Confixx Benutzers web8 auf net-spacy.com

Any suggestions?
I like the idea of a game artist site.. wouldn't know where to start though..
www.deviantart.com - not game art persay, but there are sections of that and it is searchable. I and a few others around here have deviantart accounts - though my submissions are just photos.
Anything posted is personal opinion which does not in anyway reflect or represent my employer. Any code and opinion is expressed “as is” and used at your own risk – it does not constitute a legal relationship of any kind.
Rather than starting a whole new site, why not submit more art related tutorials here at GDNet? There's actually a section for it in the articles, I'm sure they'd be more than happy to have more good content if people were to take the time to write it.

- Jason Astle-Adams

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement