• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
sathenzar

libcp.lib?

This topic is 4863 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hey everyone where can I get libcp.lib? My compiler doesn't know where it is and it's not on my computer. Thanks in advance.

Advertisement
1) it's your linker that can't find it, not your compiler...

what are you trying to build? Take the switches that include that library out of the linker properties and see if it'll still build. My guess is that you've downloaded someone else's project and are trying to build it.

my 5 second google suggests that libcp.lib is a STL library. if you're using Visual Studio the stl is already included as part of the install. Hence trying to take the libs out of the project...

Failing that, use google to find the libraries.

-me

I have the book Programming FPS with DirectX and the project that is required to build the game requires that lib. I can't find it on my computer anywhere.

libcp.lib is the single-threaded version of the C++ standard library for Visual C++. You might not have that version of the C runtime installed, in which case you should change your project settings to use the Multithreaded (libcpmt.lib) or Multithreaded DLL (msvcprt.lib) library instead.

I may be wrong but I think you can get the libraries like libcp.lib and it's counterparts by downloading the Platform SDK from Microsoft, I haven't done this personally so I can't verify this but I believe I read it in another thread (or something similiar).

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!