• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Alpha Nox

Graphics in console programming

This topic is 4865 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hello everyone, Could anyone tell me where can I get tutorials about displaying graphics such as bitmaps, tiles,sprites in console programming?? Do I need to use a graphic library? Which one? How to? I'm too bored with text based games :/. Thanks very much for the help, Victor Freire

Advertisement
Quote:

...console programming??

You want to program in DOS environment?
May be you can try this:

(1)
(2)
or better this
But it is no so popular right now.

Guest Anonymous Poster
I doubt he means console graphics or VGA. If he does, I have source for the game Spaceman Stewie as in the Showcase if you're interested (NASM code).

What you want, as was suggested is something like SDL, which can also be used later on should you want to go to DirectX or OpenGL (3D graphics down the road). Google it and read the tutorials. You'll find it incredibly easy to get into.

If you're using Python, the parallel library is PyGame.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!