• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
mike74

command line compiler

This topic is 4867 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I'm using Microsoft's command-line compiler, and I'm trying to compile a program I got from www.Planet-Source-Code.com. I got all these errors like: Buddy ID.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__RegEnumValueA@32 referenced in function "void __cdecl findmsnid(void)" (?findmsnid@@YAXXZ) Buddy ID.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__RegOpenKeyExA@20 referenced in function "void __cdecl findmsnid(void)" (?findmsnid@@YAXXZ) Buddy ID.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__RegEnumKeyExA@32 referenced in function "void __cdecl findidyahoo(void)" (?findidyahoo@@YAXXZ) Buddy ID.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__RegQueryValueExA @24 referenced in function "int __cdecl findidout(void)" (?findidout@@YAHXZ) Buddy ID.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__DialogBoxParamA@ 20 referenced in function _WinMain@16 Buddy ID.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__EndDialog@8 refe renced in function "long __stdcall About(struct HWND__ *,unsigned int,unsigned i nt,long)" (?About@@YGJPAUHWND__@@IIJ@Z) Buddy ID.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__MessageBoxA@16 r eferenced in function "long __stdcall About(struct HWND__ *,unsigned int,unsigne d int,long)" (?About@@YGJPAUHWND__@@IIJ@Z) Buddy ID.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__SendMessageA@16 referenced in function "long __stdcall About(struct HWND__ *,unsigned int,unsign ed int,long)" (?About@@YGJPAUHWND__@@IIJ@Z) Buddy ID.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__LoadIconA@8 refe renced in function "long __stdcall About(struct HWND__ *,unsigned int,unsigned i nt,long)" (?About@@YGJPAUHWND__@@IIJ@Z) I realize I probably need to add a bunch of Windows libraries to the compilation, but is there is there an easy way to figure out which ones? I'm on dialup and I can't access Google so I'd prefer not to have to search for a lot of functions' manuals. Mike http://www.coolgroups.com/

Advertisement
Well I'd say MSDN.. look up the symbols you aren't linking.

You probably need kernel32 and user32 and some others...

but man, if you can't look at google, then you might as well give up...

From the errors it looks like you need to link to advapi32.lib as well

And yeah...your best bet would be to search on MSDN for this kind of stuff

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!