• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
mike74

linking an RC file

This topic is 4865 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I'm trying to compile http://www.planet-source-code.com/vb/scripts/ShowCode.asp?lngWId=3&txtCodeId=5650 with the Microsoft Command line compiler. I got it to compile, but when I run it, nothing happens. I'm pretty sure it's because I'm not linking in the .RC file that comes with it. Does anyone know how to link this file in? I guessed that maybe I needed to run RC.EXE on it and convert it to some kind of binary object code. However, when I ran RC on it, it said: script1.rc(10) : fatal error RC1015: cannot open include file 'afxres.h' I searched my computer, and I don't seem to have this afxres.h file. I think it comes with MFC, and I don't think the command-line compiler comes with MFC. Any ideas? Mike http://www.coolgroups.com/

Advertisement
Anything 'afx' is MFC - if you don't have MFC i'm not sure what you can do. But yes, you are right in that .rc files have to be compiled into .res files which are then linked into the project.

Actually, it turns out I do have afxres.h. I just searched my computer wrong (had it configured to search a subdir).

Anyway, I have a new problem. It says:

ChildFrm.cpp
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Platform SDK\Include\mfc\AFXWIN.H(1227) : fatal error
C1083: Cannot open include file: 'afxmsg_.h': No such file or directory
MainFrm.cpp
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Platform SDK\Include\mfc\AFXWIN.H(1227) : fatal error
MDI_Notepad.cpp
MDI_NotepadDoc.cpp
MDI_NotepadView.cpp
StdAfx.cpp
Generating Code...

I searched for this afxmsg_.h file, and it is not on my PC. I know I searched right this time too... Any ideas why it's absent? There is no file that starts with afxmsg at all on my PC.

Mike
http://www.coolgroups.com/

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!