• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Say

Some easy question

This topic is 4866 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

When i load a mesh .x file created with 3ds max, it is loaded always in my game right in 0,0,0 coordinate or it depends by the position of 3ds max?

Advertisement
For 3ds center your object at the origin and then save to an x file for getting your object initial position at the origin

so if i create my object within 3ds max in 30, 400, -67 position when i'll load the .x file in my game it will be at 30, 400, -67?

That depends on the coordinate system that 3ds max uses. If its the left-handed coordinate than the answer is yes (The left - handed is the most commonly used with DirectX so i'm guessing you are using it). Just make sure you use the appropriate coordinate system and you'll get what you want.

Quote:
Original post by Say
so if i create my object within 3ds max in 30, 400, -67 position when i'll load the .x file in my game it will be at 30, 400, -67?

AFAIK Yes, but I havn't tried it. I always create seperate .max files for each mesh I am going to export and position them at the origin (0,0,0) and "adjust their positions" via a world transformation matrix in the DirectX app.

Maybe it also depends on the exporter you are using. I use the Panda exporter.

HTH,
Cambo_frog

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!