creating a shadowing cubemap

Started by
14 comments, last by Mezz 18 years, 8 months ago
Oh, didn't see those earlier. Um, if I recall correctly, no. I think there's a seperate function to set the depth/stencil buffer. The cubeTexture faces though will have to be set in SetRenderTarget.
Advertisement
Is there where I need D3DXCreateRenderToEnvMap?

GPU Gems says it is needed somewhere in its article about omnidirectional shadow mapping but never specifies where.
Yeah, RenderToEnvMap is what I use, but making a cube texture that's a render target should work just as well.
Hmm, what version of Direct3D are you using? I think it's an older version because the SetRenderTarget() method has been modified to support multiple render targets lately and depth/stencil surfaces are set with a different method.

-Mezz
Quote:Original post by Mezz
Hmm, what version of Direct3D are you using? I think it's an older version because the SetRenderTarget() method has been modified to support multiple render targets lately and depth/stencil surfaces are set with a different method.

-Mezz

Any idea what method that would be?
In response to your concern, no I have the latest june sdk, my code is just based on the cubemapping code in the sdk which I guess has not been updated along with the rest of the api yet. I fixed the setrendertarget functions to device->SetRenderTarget ( 0, cubeFace ) assuming I want the render index to be zero.
The method is on IDirect3DDevice9 and it's called SetDepthStencilSurface().

Let us know the results.

-Mezz

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement