• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
_MM_UnL1573d

the Ogre devpak

This topic is 4861 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I know you guys have said that Dev-C++ has some issues with DirectX or something, so I was wondering if the Ogre devpak works fine or not?

Advertisement
Ogre won't officially be supported by Dev-C++ until Dev-C++ supports multiple projects in one "solution". I tried it out a while ago, and got it working, but had to hack my way through with a bunch of minor modifications to the OGRE source as well as using an older version of GCC. My recommendation to you would be to not bother and use Visual Studio. If you don't have a copy of it, you can get Visual C++ Express 2005 for free.

You have several choices with Ogre... Dev-cpp is not a good IDE for large complex projects. cygwin works pretty will with Ogre on windows using the configure make commands (IIRC). Though, I recommend Code::Blcoks with free .net compiler plugin (or 2nd choice MinGW compiler plugin). Though, MSVC is by far the best platform for development on windows IMHO.

Quote:
Original post by Rob Loach
had to hack my way through with a bunch of minor modifications to the OGRE source

this way you should get it running with any compiler (Axiom is Ogre in C# for example) ;)

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!