the Ogre devpak

Started by
3 comments, last by mauzi_the_Dude 18 years, 9 months ago
I know you guys have said that Dev-C++ has some issues with DirectX or something, so I was wondering if the Ogre devpak works fine or not?
Advertisement
Ogre won't officially be supported by Dev-C++ until Dev-C++ supports multiple projects in one "solution". I tried it out a while ago, and got it working, but had to hack my way through with a bunch of minor modifications to the OGRE source as well as using an older version of GCC. My recommendation to you would be to not bother and use Visual Studio. If you don't have a copy of it, you can get Visual C++ Express 2005 for free.
Rob Loach [Website] [Projects] [Contact]
That's crap. Guess I won't be using ogre, ever.

(not that I was going to anyway.... ;P )
------------------<a href="http://jsgc.sourceforge.net>jsgc
You have several choices with Ogre... Dev-cpp is not a good IDE for large complex projects. cygwin works pretty will with Ogre on windows using the configure make commands (IIRC). Though, I recommend Code::Blcoks with free .net compiler plugin (or 2nd choice MinGW compiler plugin). Though, MSVC is by far the best platform for development on windows IMHO.
Quote:Original post by Rob Loach
had to hack my way through with a bunch of minor modifications to the OGRE source

this way you should get it running with any compiler (Axiom is Ogre in C# for example) ;)
++++[>+++++<-]<-]>++++++[>++++++<-]<<++++++++++++++++.-------------.---.>>----.<<-.++++++++++++++++++.--------------------.+.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement