X File animation + skinning updated notes

Started by
12 comments, last by jollyjeffers 18 years, 9 months ago
Hi, I have updated my notes on x file loading and created a new demo (plus commented source code). The notes cover loading the hierarchy, animation and skinning. The main page on loading x files can be found here: X File Loading and the new page on loading with animation and skinning is here: Load x hierarchy. I also added some details on creating a skinned mesh in 3DS max and exporting it in .x format. These took ages to write so I hope these notes will help others to use .x files effectively :) Let me know of any bugs etc. cheers Keith
------------------------See my games programming site at: www.toymaker.info
Advertisement
Yes I know but after posting in the announcements I thought really the best place would be the DirectX group as that is what it is related to - apologies for confusion :)
One person has indicated that the code will not compile and the exe does not work - however I think it is most likely a probel with his set up. It would be really helpful if someone can confirm that the code does compile and the exe run?
Sorce code works and it's greate:)
.exe file does not at my machine :/
Anyway I think the code is more important
I'll stick this for a while. Generally, I encourage DirectX tutorial/library announcements in this forum instead of Your announcements, because you can guarantee that any DirectX programmer that goes there comes here, but not the reverse.

In the future (and to anybody reading this as well), you can PM me when you create such a topic to stick it, just in case I miss it when browsing the new topics (which usually doesn't happen).

AndrewPL: I will check out the exe to see what could be up with it.
Coder: noted - I will put it here next time
Nice set of articles - excellent work [grin]

I've only had time to have a scan read through them, but they look good and get a thumbs up from me:

Jack

<hr align="left" width="25%" />
Jack Hoxley <small>[</small><small> Forum FAQ | Revised FAQ | MVP Profile | Developer Journal ]</small>

!!THE BEST TUTORIAL ABOUT ANIMATION ON INTERNET!!

I'm still analizing and reading the source code. I've cut down the very half of it :D If sbd is interested I can send it :D Sorry Trip for destroing your excelent code but it's the only way to understand the most important things in it. I'm not such an advanced programmer as you but -- on my way to you'r level :) I love this forum. You guys are great! everybody :)

!!TRIP RULEZ!!
Great job - this is awesome! It looks like someone *finally* understands animation using the X format [wow] [oh]
Dustin Franklin ( circlesoft :: KBase :: Mystic GD :: ApolloNL )
good job! your tutorial (the old one) was THE tutorial that I learnt x animation from, its awesome!! but seems like you took out the part on animation blending...

btw... the exe says "Cannot find d3dx9_26.dll"... does this mean i need to update my runtime or sdk to the june release? thanks...
-fuchiefck----------------------------------------------------------"Inside the world that you as a programmer or developer create, you are God" - Zerbst & Duvel

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement