• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
QuadMV

turning off vsync in the dx9 sample framework

This topic is 4865 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I'm using the dx9 c++ sample framework as my starting point. Does anyone know if there is an easy (built-in) mechanism to turn off vsync in full-screen. I don't want to hack the framework apart if there is something it'll already do for me built in. Thanks I know the Create Device is where it's specified, but do I do the same in the framework? ==================================================== D3DPRESENT_PARAMETERS params; : // vsync is off params.PresentationInterval = D3DPRESENT_INTERVAL_IMMEDIATE; : The "params" goes into the "CreateDevice" call: CreateDevice(D3DADAPTER_DEFAULT, D3DDEVTYPE_HAL, ....);

Advertisement
Hi QuadMV,
It depends on the version of the DirectX9 SDK you are using.
The SDK sample framework has changed *drasticly* between the first DirectX 9 SDK and the current DirectX 9 SDK.

HTH,
Cambo_frog

Quote:
Original post by QuadMV
I'm using the current, I think it's may 2005 dxsdk9c

We are up to June right now, so if you want the latest head there.

As far as the Framework, what a gigantic piece of slightly documented code.

Quote:
Original post by intrest86
As far as the Framework, what a gigantic piece of slightly documented code.

True Interest86,
I think MS are waiting for the next OS release and next version of DirectX\DirectX SDK\sample framework before taking the sample framework documentation seriously :)

I hope that means that it is imminent :)

Cambo_frog

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!