• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
mozie

[.net] A good book.

This topic is 4861 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Can anyone recommend a good book on ADO.NET, preferbaly with VB.NET. I was considering Pragmatic ADO.NET mostly because of the Microsoft .NET Development Series. Good choice, or any recommendations? Thank you.

Advertisement
Are u a Begiiner???
I think this book is better for a ado.net beginner << Building Web Solutions with ASP.NET and ADO.NET >>

A beginner to ADO.NET yes. I have gone over SqlConnection and SqlCommand stuff, but I need a more in depth coverage of what can be done (DataAdapter, CommandBuilder, etc. usage). Someone recommended a SAMS "Teach yourself ADO.NET in XX days/hours.". Being a programmer already, I am sure it will be easy enough to pick up, but I don't want incomplete coverage.

I guess that it will not be so much web based, as it will be VB.NET made modules that will work with the Microsoft Retail Management System.

If a book is part of the Microsoft .NET Development Series, does that automatically make it good? Anybody know of other ADO.NET books that are part of the series?

Thanks!

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!