The exact same executable is getting 0 cpu time on a different computer

Started by
2 comments, last by Daniel Miller 18 years, 9 months ago
My application is getting 98% cpu time from my computer, but on a coworker's, it's getting nothing. In fact, a previously working version of the exe stopped working as well. Why can this be happening? I have no Sleep calls in my program, and it shouldn't be running any differently. edit: rushed typos
Advertisement
Give us something to go on please!

Or just add a logging class to your program and analyze the log to see what's happening.
Or use remote debugging.
Or post some or all of the source code somewhere...

Oh, and you probably should have a sleep call somewhere in your program, as I highly doubt your program needs to use every ounce of processing power it can get.
"In order to understand recursion, you must first understand recursion."
My website dedicated to sorting algorithms
Does it use any waits or GetMessage calls? And yes, as he said, with so little information, this is reminiscent of a game of 20 questions :P
Hahaha, that was an aweful question.

The only thing I can say is that it uses threads. It may be that a thread was "stuck" in memory on her computer, because after she restarted, it worked. I went back to my code, tested it, and finally made my app "leak" a thread.

Do you know how I can fix this?

I have this code:

if (thread != null && thread.IsAlive){	thread.Abort();}

...wired to the Closing event, the ApplicationExit event, and in my form's Dispose method. Anywhere else I should put it?

edit: I never feel safe when using threads.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement