• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Kustaz

[web] need some very basic help

This topic is 4860 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Im just starting to mess around with HTML and Java, and i was wondering how to make a basic page, that aligns itself. kind of like this, but without the floating toolbar.

Advertisement
You can always right click and view the source of the page. It seems that they are using CSS and classes/divs to set widths and such of the borders and all that.

If you're interested in reading up on basic HTML and Java tutorials, I recommend checking out http://www.w3schools.com/

Yes that is the best site to start off, and I still find it useful and Ive been doing web dev for ages.

another thing is when your doing Java to begin with, the sun APi refernce may seem a bit complex to begin with. use the more simpler tutorials on the web, hopefully once youve learned enough you can refer to the Java API on sun. Good Luck.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!