magnatune.com

Started by
4 comments, last by Ravuya 18 years, 8 months ago
at magnatune.com they have a non-comercial license for all their music. If I put their music in my game and only ditribute the game for free, Does the non comercial license apply to me? Or does just distributing the game even though I charge no money disqualify me for the non comercial license?
These tears..leave scars...as they run down my face.
Advertisement
comeon somebody has to know the answer to this?

Dont worry I wont hold you responsible if someone sues me
These tears..leave scars...as they run down my face.
The non-comercial license should include you if you are giving away your program free(i could be wrong though) however just to be on the safe side its always worth asking the owner of the music if its ok to use in your freeware game.
Non-commercial... as long as you do not make any money in any way shape or form from the product it is non-commercial (aka, advertising, charnging monthly, bringing more business to your site to make money from other stuff, etc). I would still however contact the artist and make sure it's not a problem, because even if you don't get in trouble, if you piss people off it's not a good thing ;).
Quote:Original post by Ready4Dis
Non-commercial... as long as you do not make any money in any way shape or form from the product it is non-commercial

Actually that doesn't cover all of your bases.

OP, just contact them and get written consent.
This sounds like a business discussion, I'll move her.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement