• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
skulldrudgery

Fixing a zip file

This topic is 4869 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I've got a zip file that I need repaired. It says something about an incorrect CRC or something. Is there any way or any program that I can use to fix it? I've seen some trial programs, but they have a size limit of like 3MB. Any help is appreciated, but it's not urgent. I think I have a backup in storage.

Advertisement
Incorrect CRC means the file is corrupted in some way, is it yours or did you download it somewhere?

CRC is a 16-bit checksum which could easily have become corrupted by a dodgy download in some way, packet loss etc.

As for programs to fix it, I personally don't know of any at all. If you downloaded that file, try again, or try the backup you mentioned, see if that one works.

HTH,

ukdeveloper.

PS: Can I ask what's in this zip file :D?

Nevermind. I got it. I have multiple files in the archive. I extracted all the uncorrupt files and then deleted them from the archive. The corrupted file was less than 5MB, which is the size of the trial limit, so I just repaired the leftover file with the program.

Quote:
Original post by skulldrudgery
I've got a zip file that I need repaired. It says something about an incorrect CRC or something. Is there any way or any program that I can use to fix it? I've seen some trial programs, but they have a size limit of like 3MB. Any help is appreciated, but it's not urgent. I think I have a backup in storage.

PKware the people who make PKZIP use to make PKZIPFIX. It was DOS32 utility, and you can still find it at http://www.pkware.com/downloads/ under the DOS heading.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!