Buying an Eclipse... :) what to do with it...

Started by
91 comments, last by sordid 18 years, 8 months ago
I've been looking for a 95 Mitsubishi Eclipse. I found one for a good price, $2200 good condition. What do I want to do with it? I'm going to get a Drifter body kit with veertical doors. I'm pondering if I should get Z3 fenders for it. So far, that turns $2200 into $4000. The body kit is like $450, but the vertical doors are like $1500+ for the Eclipse. I'm also looking to buy some good 16" 225x50s for it. I'm thinking tunner style rims. Like, mag spokes or something of the sort. I'm have problems finding a color that suites me. I've asked around and the Eclipse is hard to find a color for. I chose Platnum for now. What do you think? I wanna see some of you lil cars if ya got the pics.
Take back the internet with the most awsome browser around, FireFox
Advertisement
Tear out the doors and put in the doors from a voltswagen, preferably of a different colour.
Put on a bigass spoiler, preferably made of plywood.
2 words: Chrome windshields
With love, AnonymousPosterChild
Crow: Hey Mike!
Tom: Hi Mike!
Mike: What's going on?
Tom: EXTREME! That's what's going on Mike!
Crow: Yeah, Mike! You should try it!
Mike: Extreme what exactly?
Crow: Well, take me for example. I'm into extreme Yoga... SURRRRRRGE!!!!
Tom: And I'm into philatily. I own you Venezulea 1947! Extreeeme postage! Woo!
Crow: Now have you thought about what you'd like to be extreme about, Mike?
Tom: No fear, Miguel.
Mike: I'm not really extre...oh, you know what? I really like rice.
Crow: Ahh, well, EXTREME... RICE!!
Tom: Rice! Thermo nuclear protection! Wooo!
Crow: Yeah! See, Mike. Isn't rice better when it's extreme?
Mike: Sure is, uh, we'll be right back.
Crow: WAAAOOO!!
Tom: Haaaaaa!!

You know what has to be done.

[Edited by - Foobar of Integers on July 25, 2005 12:06:10 AM]
"ok, pac man is an old gameand, there are faces which is eatin up shits" - da madface
If you want your car to look fast (but subsequentially actually be SLOWER than stock), then go ahead and install the body kit and the doors and everything.

If you want your car to actually BE fast, then there are some very simple updgrades that are relatively cheap that you can perform for some major gains. Things like cold air intakes, high-flow air filters, cat-back exhausts, high-flow cats, and 4-2-1 headers. Even the oil you use (high quality synthetic) can have an effect on your car's power. All told, the price tag would probably be about the same for what you are looking to spend on the body kits, and add anywhere from 50 to 150 horsepower to the car.

[Formerly "capn_midnight". See some of my projects. Find me on twitter tumblr G+ Github.]

For the love of god don't put a body kit or a wing on the back of your car. I suggest you follow capn's advice, add some horse to it instead.
Dude, ricing out a Mitsubishi is like setting fire to an orphanage. Just don't do it.

Spend the money on making the car actually, you know, go faster and work better rather than making it look like a Hot Wheels nightmare.
Quote:Original post by Ravuya
...setting fire to an orphanage...

This gives me an idea...

Seriously, if you're not drag racing, why bother souping it up? It's not like you can go faster than 60 MPH legally anyway.

At least a nice-looking car can get you the ladies.
---There are 2 kinds of people: those who know hexadecimal, and those who don't.
Quote:Original post by Meagermanx

It's not like you can go faster than 60 MPH legally anyway.

1) Dependsa on where you're driving.
2) Did you somehow the speeding thread the other day? Alot of ppl dont care much for the legal speed limit.
3) Theres also the small matter of how fats you can get to 60 and when you need a lil extra power for stuff, like passing up a hill.

More power == more fun.
Silly plastic sidepanels == ppl like me laugh at you - esp when we pass you.

The 95 eclipse is a front wheel drive car. Unless you are racing in events at full speed around tight corners, a wing will do nothing for you. It will actually cause your car to handle WORSE than stock. Wings require expert installation to have any real enhancement, and most wings (i.e. the cosmetic ones) are so poorly designed that they cannot be used for any enhancing purpose. If someone that knows cars sees your car, they will laugh at you.

All wings increase drag (i.e. make you slower). They are meant to increase downforce on the rear tires. Increasing downforce is meant to increase the traction of those tires. Increasing traction on drive wheels will increase your acceleration (less burnout), but if the rear wheels are not the drive wheels (as is the case with the Eclipse) it will do nothing for acceleration.

Increasing downforce also increases the tendency for a vehicle to understeer (or rather, decrease oversteer, if oversteer is a problem), that is, resist turning. Front wheel drive cars already have a problem with understeer, no need to actually increase it.

Wings do nothing for FF cars.

[Formerly "capn_midnight". See some of my projects. Find me on twitter tumblr G+ Github.]

I think...Awesome! Mitsubishi cars kick ass. Good choice, man!
----------------------------------------------------"Plant a tree. Remove a Bush" -A bumper sticker I saw.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement