"Vector graphics isometric game"?

Started by
3 comments, last by markr 18 years, 8 months ago
I have a few questions on the subject, nothing important, just thought it might be interesting. Has anyone tried writing a vector graphics based isometric game? How would one do to render vector graphics in OpenGL for example? Is vector graphics suitable for isometric games? Thanks in advance :)
Advertisement
I've been recently working on using SVG for my image storage towards an isometric game. Right now my approach is to use the SVG file to create raster images at the appropriate resolution, which are then manipulated normally.

Whether or not using vector graphics is suitable for an isometric game remains to be seen, though I have reason to believe it will turn out well.
Nice! :)

What graphics API are you using?

Another question, could OpenVG be used to write a hardware accelerated engine?
I currently have two applications using SVG in the crank, one uses OpenGL, the other uses SDL.

I've never seen an OpenVG implementation, so I can't comment on that.
I've written two isometric games, both of which use vector graphics to some extent.

Vector graphics are totally feasible in isometric. Isometric is just a type of projection, and doesn't affect your choice of how to render things.

The reason people often use bitmaps (billboards etc) is that, given a constant view angle, you only need to draw objects one way around, so an isometric view makes it possible.

Mark

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement