My Game That Got No Replys

Started by
6 comments, last by alnite 18 years, 9 months ago
Posted this is Game Programmming but got no replys :( Well, this is my first propper demo in OpenGL. The language I used was C++; the game's called Ultimate Chaos, and you can find it here: http://www.purplepolygon.ugtech.net/downloads/programsByMe/programs.html Just scroll down to the very bottom, and you will see it. Feel free to make a comment on my site about my games (via the green link at the top of the page). Tell me what you think, and how it runs on your comp, etc.
"Hard work pays off for the future; laziness pays off now"
Advertisement
hi

Neat game protocol. Congratulations on getting it finished.

My wife played it for a while, and she got stuck several times in the trees after exiting a building. The building which is down and to the right of the start position that has a tool box inside.

well done.

regards
Thanks for the reply Kizsam. That bug is caused by my collision detection system. I never got around to fixing it, though. I guess I could just create a set position for when the player exits the house or something, but I think i'll just leave it the way it is, and start on my new game (i'm too eager).

This game doesn't seem too appealing, telling by the reply rate/quantity. Owell, it IS my first OpenGL game.
I'm trying to download it, but it takes forever....
"We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." -Francois de La Rochefoucauld (1613 - 1680). | My blog
May I suggest that you fix it anyway? Even if you want to move on to anoher game.
I did try your game when you put it up in the other board I didn't feel like replying that's all [razz]
The game is ok but it still needs polishing and the legs on the character look really strange when he moves around you should probably fix that...Nice work though.
AP: I tried a few times to fix it, but I couldn't resolve the issue. The way I foolishly designed the in-house setting screws around with the outside when you're in there, and I descovered that a resolution would be difficult and time consuming.

meatbeef: Since the legs are cones, and I am not too good with maths, I don't think I would be qualified to create better leg motion. I tried for many hours to make the legs look as good as they do now, but maybe I should just leave that and make my next game with no excuses.

Thanks for replys.
Quote:Original post by Anonymous Poster
May I suggest that you fix it anyway? Even if you want to move on to anoher game.

take this advice, at least make it playable through the end.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement