The perfect AI

Started by
32 comments, last by ACCU 18 years, 8 months ago
Post your thoughts about the perfect AI solution here. How it should be implemented ? I mean not necessarily game AI, i mean AI like a kind of human(or not) intelligence.
Advertisement
AI as software is meant to solve a problem. There's no "global" perfect AI, there's only AI that solves the given, and this is very dependant on the problem. Speed and accuracy can be parameters that might change how "perfect" a solution is (and I don't believe in perfection).

Please, you're already trolling flipcode.com, do you really need to troll here too?

Edit: Also, this is a game AI forum, please post questions concerning GAME AI. Don't post just to increase your posts count, there's the lounge for that...
Well im not trolling here. I've noticed that some people dislike me because they keep clicking my rating down even though I dont post at all. :D

That's another interesting feature of human AI. Would real AI do the same ?

Ok.. game AI. But we could let live virtual people in a virtual world. That could be game, of course. It doesnt matter how its called.
But imagine. Virtual people live in your computer world. They born, build, love (?) and die.. And by the means of human interaction they get known that they are living in just a PC .. So, they create their own civilization and their civilization can share their knowledge. Or, they get the knowledge from outside world. Maybe they will invent another pc inside of their world... and they can create another AI ...
It is not impossible.
Quote:Original post by ACCU
It is not impossible.

Prove it.
Domine non secundum peccata nostra facias nobis
Anything is possible with enough money, C4, big hammer, CPU power, RAM, talent, time, etc.
Quote:Original post by Zorak
It is not impossible.

Prove it.

Everything is possible (in my mind!) but I am limited with my own AI or is it Natural Intelligence?
I just have a "brilliant" idea. We can know for sure if WE live inside a computer: let just build the biggest computer we can (it couldn't compute more than the "outside computer"). If we ever reach a top computing score, then let's kill someone (that will free some "outside computer" memory and processor time). Then, if the top computing score increse, we can be sure that we live inside a computer.

This idea would be pointless if:
- the "outside computer" have separate memory and processor for IA and physics (but, maybe IA emerge from the physics interactions...)
- our technology isn't enough for making the fastest computer the system can handle.
- the "outside computer" is running under DOS or another Microsoft S.O. (I don't wanna crash my Universe and be cursed to die watching the blue screen of death)

Well, I just had some laugh writting this... and yes, the guy who started this thread is really an idiot.

P.S: sorry about the spell and grammar errors.
can you show the exact reasons why i am idiot or it is because you just 'feel' it ?
Can you explain yourself ? Of course no. because u are what ?
By the way your idea doesnt seem funny at all... i could make it much funnier.
I would say its primitive. Make a big computer and live inside. hahaha ! genius !
hey ... ok maybe I am idiot. can you show the exact reasons why i am idiot or it is because you just 'feel' it ?
So, why I am idiot ? Im eager to know.

You're an idiot because it's blindingly obvious you know nothing of the matter at hand. Do some research instead of pulling big words out of your behind. Computer AI is by no means "intelligence" at all, since it just follows a set of pre-programmed routines. Whether human consciousness is the same is a matter for philosophers to discuss and doesn't belong here.

Also, perhaps you should concentrate on improving your English skills beyond that of a 10-year-old kid if you ever hope to be taken seriously.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement