• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
MrDoomMaster

Tilesets

This topic is 4861 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I've noticed it is very difficult to find Tilesets. Even the sprites thread is lacking of tilesets. I am in need of a few orthographic tilesets for a 2D game, kind of like the tilesets used to create maps in Super Mario World. I'm creating a side-scroller game, just like Super Mario World, so if anyone can help me with getting these tiles I would greatly appreciate it. Heck if I could even get some of the tiles used in Super Mario World, that would be even better! I can't draw at ALL, so I'm really limited in the graphics area. PS: Why is the search feature disabled? I need it to find my previous posts, but since I can't use it I have trouble finding them!

Advertisement
If you go under the Control Panel tab near the top when logged in, and then scroll down all your previous posts are listed from the most recent.

You could try posting in the Help Wanted section of these forum's for an artist to help make you some tilesets. You could also try checking out some tutorials floating around to help improve your artistic skills, SpriteArt.com and a few others have some tutorials.

Quote:
Original post by MrDoomMaster
I've noticed it is very difficult to find Tilesets. Even the sprites thread is lacking of tilesets.

I am in need of a few orthographic tilesets for a 2D game, kind of like the tilesets used to create maps in Super Mario World. I'm creating a side-scroller game, just like Super Mario World, so if anyone can help me with getting these tiles I would greatly appreciate it. Heck if I could even get some of the tiles used in Super Mario World, that would be even better!

I can't draw at ALL, so I'm really limited in the graphics area.

PS: Why is the search feature disabled? I need it to find my previous posts, but since I can't use it I have trouble finding them!

Check out the Sprites, sprites and more sprites! thread at the top of the Visual arts and Beginners boards. Specificly Mario Fan Games Galaxy. This seems to be a pretty extensive tileset from Super Mario 4 (aka Super Mario World) from Mario Fan Games Galaxy.

Drawing is a skill and can be learned. There numerous tutorials on pixel art. The spriteart.com site recommend above has great tutorials. In addition you may want to check out So you want to be a pixel artist? by Tsugumo (who is also featured on spriteart.com).

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!