• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Malkiah

Gamers Forge

This topic is 4866 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

The new Gamers Forge has been finished, please check us out and visit us, Gamers Forge is a Game Development community that hosts projects for developers and attempts to connect Gamers with Developers on feedback and question regarding their project. Gamers Forge - "Forge your Dream!" http://www.gamersforge.org

Advertisement
Your signup page seems to have a problem.

When i load it with Firefox 1.0.6 by pressing one of the "Signup" links in the main page it doesn't load the center and right pages, just loads the left menu. If i reload that page, then it loads everything.

[edit]When confirming my age the same happens and again it can be worked around with a reload.

[edit2]And again when registering the same happens. Except now there is another problem as i can't reload the page because now the login name is already in the database and can not be resubmited.

[edit3]The same happens when i try to see my account settings.

I experienced no problems while using IE.

Im sorry but I can not do anything about that, its all e107 and how they code their CMS. Sorry, we also had problems with our Image verification, it was removed. And so report that the CSS Renderer goes AWAL at times. As you just experianced. I get no problems with IE.

I like e107. One recomendation. Disable EVERYTHING that isn't critical. It's distracting and non-value adding (market sp34k)

Disable
-Link to Us
-W3C Compliance (because your not)
-Counter
-Back End

Scrub the main menu
-Submit News/Submit Articles should be one link (Submit)
-Upload
-Stats

-Scrub the footer

Start working on a custom theme to get away from the cookie cutter look of e107.

Oh ya, one more thing.
You need a new theme to fix the dynamic table loads in Firefox. There is several browsers your site should suppport. IE, Firefox, Safari, Opera. Generally in that order.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!