• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Haytil

Intellisense with MSVC 6.0

This topic is 4890 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Is there a way to restrict the variables that Intellisense uses to those in my project only, and use variables from other projects within my same workspace? It's very frustrating. Two projects of mine have a "Level" class. My old project has a Level named Curr_Level, while my current project has a Level* named Curr_Level. So everytime I try to type Curr_Level->Member, intellisense doesn't help me out. It only works with Curr_Level.Member, because it's using the information from my old project. Any help would be appreciated. -Gauvir_Mucca

Advertisement
Try closing MSVC and delete the pdb database file. This file is used for intellisense and sometimes it gets messed up. Deleting it and then restarting MSVC will recreate the database.

It might work, although I cannot garantuee it. It usually worked for me.

Toolmaker

I don't think the pdb file is the culprit. Normally I delete my ncb file to recreate my class view. The pdb is used for debugging.

Also, there's a tool called Visual Assist which I think works with VC 6.0 and .Net. It's excellent and quite superior to Intellisense.

Regards,

Shadx

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!