duel opengl displays in mfc

Started by
0 comments, last by SiCrane 18 years, 8 months ago
I’m new to OpenGL, but have downloaded some sample projects to create an OpenGL child window and display OpenGL in this child window using MFC, so I know that it can be done and am fairly convinced I can do it. Our project, however, requires that we have two different OpenGL child windows running, one a simple 2D window displaying a mock up of aircraft display (text and buttons basically) and another displaying a fairly hefty 3D visualization. When I’ve tried to use these sample projects to implement two of the same openGL child windows, only one of them will animate, the other sits there doing nothing after originally being drawn. If I put another window in front of that window, and then go back to it, the second static image has disappeared, and only the first one is there, still animated. When I move the window the second static image comes back, but still doesn’t rotate. If I disable the first child window in the code and leave only the second one, then it animates fine. If anyone can give me any advice on having two different openGL processes display and update in one MFC window, that would be rad! thanks in advance guys! domus
Advertisement
Cross post. Closed.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement