Animating .3ds help please

Started by
9 comments, last by 5MinuteGaming 18 years, 8 months ago
Hi, I am new to this forum, I have been forced to seek outside help, my major team animator got seriously injured and we have no one that can animate models now in .3ds, Im trying to learn but I am missing something, attaching skeletons is completely beyond me at this point in time. I seriously need someone that wants to help me learn or wants to fill in for Beth while she recovers. We are building animations for human characters, like walking, sitting, eating (ie just normal stuff.) Anyone interested please let me know here. The game is Kreallian Empire and Eden from Damnation (actually 2 games) they are UkSoft games. I will check this forum in regular intervals for replys. sincerely, Michael Cohoon
Advertisement
maybe you need to take a look at

this
and
this
I took a look at your website. Interesting, for the time I need someone that could create some animations in existing models we have made. My main job is something else.

Mike
Hoy

I'm also working on animation on Milkshape 3d
I'm trying to make my model render forward and backward
and also trying to inserting frames inbetween.
and also trying to do some Inverse kinetics (Am I right?? Inverse Kinetics?)

Try http://rsn.gamedev.net/ it has a tutorial on basic milkshape skeletal animation.

Quote:Am I right?? Inverse Kinetics?

Inverse Kinematics [wink]
Oh that's why google can't do Sh!t with Inverse Kinetics.

:-P

I'm trying to make a pair of giant robot legs
walking on mountain and other ruggid terrain.
(Heavy gear/ mechwarrior stuff)
Quote:Original post by Mikada
I took a look at your website. Interesting, for the time I need someone that could create some animations in existing models we have made. My main job is something else.

Mike

there are plenty of people out there create:
*.md2(with animation)

and
*.max(no animation i think)

and distribute freely to other.

Well we got the boning and animation figured out with milkshape, but how do you save the animation in .3ds so it will play as an object say in dark basic as example or a 3ds viewer?

thanks for the help guys

Mike
Quote:Original post by Mikada
Well we got the boning and animation figured out with milkshape, but how do you save the animation in .3ds so it will play as an object say in dark basic as example or a 3ds viewer?

thanks for the help guys

Mike

Ask the pro.

This is a big question.

We have been trying to write a big program using dark basic, I know we are stupid. I am with one of those old companies that did a lot of 2d stuff and we were slow to make the switch to 3d. We got sold that Dark Basic was the Cats meow, so we bought it, a year and a half later and being told by the gamecreator people how perfect the program is and all the problems were our fault we have decided to scrap Dark Basic and send it to the junk yard for dis-asembly.

Now after spouting all that, I need opinions, I really dont want to waste another year. What is the best game engine for making a 3d game, kind of like the sims 2 with a touch of ages of empires thrown in? Thats the best description I can give of it except there are multipule planets and space ships too. All the models have been bulit and are in .3ds we can convert them to anything if need be. Also on another note it would be nice to have an egine that could use milkshape animations (not necessary but I would like it).

I sure would like to hear from some of you on game engines this is suppose to be the best of the best in this forum.

sincerely,

Mikada

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement