• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
deathwearer

Searching for a book

This topic is 4858 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

So far i'v past the last hour on this website reading books reviews and searching for the good one. Of course i'm not searching for a perfect book since i doubt it even exist, but im searching for the right one and after that hour i still can't make my choice. First off, i'm searching for a book that will teach me programming 3D with directx 9 with C++ I have a good basic knowledge in c++ already ( I'm a studen in programmation ) I know about ( there might be translation error here ) : -Procedural programmation -Oriented-Object Programmation -Variables type -Pretty much all of the operators ( Logical, comparaison etc ) -Use of the conditional block ( if, while, for, do while etc ) -Static & Dynamical Table ( or is it frame in english? ) -Pointers -Classes -Heritage ( or is it inheritance or something like that ) -I also have a good knowledge of the structure of a program -And I'm really good with the syntax in c++ So I'm searching for a directx 9 c++ book that will teach me, i would like a book that -has of course no error in it (specially in the code). -a book that will NOT teach me only 2d. -That will explain what he showing me in the code, and not pass on the important stuff like I'm supose to know, i can find out myself with logical of course if it's not too hard, but i don't like to not understand the 3/4 of the code that hes trying to learn me -Not to pricy please, I'm still a student after all ;) -And also.... not a book that will treat me like I'm some retarded dude that don't know where is the power buttom on the computer ( It's bit overexagerating but i think you all understand :)) -In english i almost forgot Thank for your time, it's bit long but oh well. Oh also i almost forgot tell me where i can find this book and i would prefer from a well known place like amazon or something like that. What would be also usefull bar te name of the book is the publicator and the author if i could maybe find it in a library near my house.

Advertisement
what about this
one?
type "directx 9 c++ " in the search box(the website does not ALlow me to link it)

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!