• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
nts

C++ GUI Libraries

This topic is 4887 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I'm in the need of a GUI library for C++ for a few fast development, proof of concept projects. The library should have the standard functionality supported (windows, buttons, images, SDI/MDI etc), a connection tool (like in MS Access with linking tables in queries) would be great. I'm currently looking at using wxWidgets. This is the first time I'm going to be using one of these libraries so any suggestions greatly appreciated. Anybody have a preference for a library to use? Thanks in advance

Advertisement
FLTK is pretty good. I found it simple to learn and use, compared with MFC and wxWidgets. It's not as full featured as wx, but has a much easier learning curve. It has a RAD tool called Fluid, which is great for small proof of concept apps, but may get unmanageable for a large fast-changing project.

Edit(AR): fixed link

cheers AR :¬)

I recomend wxWidgets. Very mature and well written. Not dead simple, but not hard either. No built in database support, though.

Borland's current offering probably has database support. They had it back when I used to use the VCL. Very easy to use. Not free though.

Depending on what you want to do, perhaps something from Microsoft would suit?

Thanks for the info, i'm probably gonna use wxWidgets (still exploring other options aswell). The database support isn't a big issue.

Thanks

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!