• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
netcyber

3D environments

This topic is 4858 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi, i would like to be able to view and freely move around an environment created in 3Ds max. can anyone suggest any tools/programs that i may be able to use to achieve this? many thanks,

Advertisement
Well, I'll assume you don't mean write a viewer for it from scratch but rather use a 3rd party viewer. The thing that comes to mind is export it to a certain format then find a program using [google] to load that format, render it and allow you to move in it.

That the easiest thing I can think of.

[EDIT]
One way is to export to a DirectX format. you can't move for .X file viewers [smile]
[/EDIT]

You could use a Quake3 exporter and then play your map in quake3, or any other game where you can find an exporter.

hi,
is the exporter bundled with the quake3 game or is it a seperate program. i have tryed a few game engines so far but they are genarally a bit complicated for what i need. would you say the quake engine is a little more simple.

many thanks,

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!