Looking for Non-GPL Lisp/Scheme

Started by
20 comments, last by Name_Unknown 18 years, 7 months ago
Hello, I want add a Scheme/Lisp interpreter to a game. Does anyone know of a free, open-source, embeddable Lisp or Scheme implementation which does not force you to open-source your code?
Advertisement
I believe MzScheme is embeddable and LGPL, so you don't to share your source code (unless you modify MzScheme itself).
Forgive the open-source zealot-ness, but if you're wanting an open-source Lisp/Scheme interpreter, what's wrong with making your program open-source? Just wondering.

Cheers!
- fyhuang [ site ]
Hi,

this specific game is open-source, so there is really no problem, but I'd rather not invest time into software which I couldn't use commercially.
Thanks for the link SiCrane, I will have a look.
TinyScheme is under the BSD license, which won't force you to release your code.
Quote:Original post by Sneftel
TinyScheme is under the BSD license, which won't force you to release your code.
Linkified.

Tiny scheme is very primitive though, even my own Unlikely Scheme is more user friendly (and faster). (It uses the zlib (very free) license, but I can not guarantee there are no bugs left.)
SBCL and CMUCL are both Common Lisp implementations that are in the public domain; you can do whatever you want with them. However, they're both big and hairy things, and I wouldn't want to try embedding them in anything else.

Scheme48 is under a BSD-ish license; you have to give credit for it, but you don't have to release the source. It's much smaller and nicer to work with, too.
-----http://alopex.liLet's Program: http://youtube.com/user/icefox192
Quote:Original post by marijnh
Tiny scheme is very primitive though, even my own Unlikely Scheme is more user friendly (and faster). (It uses the zlib (very free) license, but I can not guarantee there are no bugs left.)

You need to get call-with-current-continuation in there ... ;-)
"It's such a useful tool for living in the city!"
Quote:Original post by Name_Unknown
Quote:Original post by marijnh

You need to get call-with-current-continuation in there ... ;-)

It looks like it has call-with-current-continuation to me...

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement