• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
_gl_coder_one_

No support for ARB_FP

This topic is 4769 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi I have a geforce4 Ti 4200 The card does not support ARB_FRAGMENT_PROGRAM. thus i would hav to use the BASIC PROFILES as mentioned in CG_TOOLKIT.pdf . Can any one suggest good tutorials for writing Fragment progrms without ARB_FP support ?

Advertisement
You're in a position which is even worse of what I was few months ago.
When I used NV20 I had to pass thuru NVEmulate (get it from nvidia's website). I remember it enables ARB_fp but I'm not sure about CG, which is another extension.
Testing things on NVEmulate is a real pain. Get used to the extreme performances you'll get!

Yes, this is going to hurt.

EDIT: fixed Image tag.
EDIT: forgot to tell you that the number in the upper left corner is a real FPS counter. Yes, it's less than 1 frame per second and I think it's a screenshot at full size.

Quote:
Original post by Krohm
You're in a position which is even worse of what I was few months ago.
When I used NV20 I had to pass thuru NVEmulate (get it from nvidia's website). I remember it enables ARB_fp but I'm not sure about CG, which is another extension.
Testing things on NVEmulate is a real pain. Get used to the extreme performances you'll get!

Yes, this is going to hurt.

EDIT: fixed Image tag.
EDIT: forgot to tell you that the number in the upper left corner is a real FPS counter. Yes, it's less than 1 frame per second and I think it's a screenshot at full size.

I think u dint get my problem. there is pixel shader available thru some NV20 , i think it has something to do with NV_Texture_Shader extension. I wanted to know where i cud find tutorials for the same . Google search yielded unsatisfactory results :(

I understand.
So, you don't want to use ARB_fp or later, you want to use what you've got.

Before ARB_fp, you had to use two extensions (which in fact spawned more).
Programmable texturing is made of two components: fetching the texel value and computing something with it.
The fetch is effectively handled thuru NV_texture_shader. NVIDIA developer website has all the information you need on this.
Computing things is then handled thuru register combiners, which is NV_register_combiners.

I don't know however how much this is supported on other brands so you may be on a dead end.

So, you probably want to use CG directly in GL. This is effectively The Right Way but I'm sorry I can't help you there, I never looked at CG for GL in detail. I know for sure however there are some articles on this on NVIDIA developer support website.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!