• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
conman

[web] money per click

This topic is 4887 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi, I would like to know if there is a way of getting money per click, if the user is directed to a page by clicking on a image on my page? So I mean no banner or Google Ads, only the service I am providing directing a user to the companys site? Any service in the web based on that? Thanks, Constantin

Advertisement
A very basic way of doing it would be through php or something similar. Each link that you want to charge for could point to a generic script on your site rather than the actual page. This script would record the page being linked to, and the details of the user if necessary, and then forwards the user on to the link they clicked on using a header. You could probably do it with only 20-30 lines of code. Of course you'd have to agree with the companies you are linking to beforehand, noone is going to give you anything if you just turn up and demand £x for directing y users to their site

Thanks for your reply!

But what I am interested in is actually not the implementation.

Because you are right - no one would pay if I tell them I directed x user to their page - I need a company (like google) where I have a account and they keep track of how many people I directed. The one difference to google I need is, that I don't want to have the Google-Ads, no advertisement, no banners on my page. I want to do my own banners if you want so.

One more thing: I dont want to trick people clicking on a picture/link and getting directed somewhere they don't want to go! :)

So any ideas, if Google or another company does something like that?

Constantin

Without comapny approved images? I doubt it. You could always approach each company induvidually and have them set up the tracking, but I doubt you'd get alot of cash from it.

// Eric

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!