What is a common yet easy to learn......

Started by
8 comments, last by Samantha aka Lilly 18 years, 8 months ago
programming lanugage? I want to help my friends make a game..but I need to learn either a programming lanmugage an/or learn how to make graphics for games.....Please help me out!
Advertisement
You might want to try Python. It's relatively easy to learn, and relatively easy to embed into an application, so if your friends use it for scripting you can at least help out with some of that.

The best path to take to learn how to make graphics for games depends on what kind of game your friends are making. If they are making a 3D shooter game, you'll probably want to learn how to do 3D modeling. If it's a sprite based side scroller, then you'd probably need to learn how to do 2D raster art.
thank you..but i think they want to use c++ but i'll ask....thank you SiCrane
You can always learn Python first and then begin learning C++. Many skills you'll learn in Python will help you greatly in understanding and programming with C++.

While major game companies won't be developing in Python, it's a good learning experience and almost everything you learn in it will be transferable to other languages. Python is much more beginner-friendly than C++. It's also great for writing small tools and utilities later on which will come in handy.
Ra
thank you Ra.......is it Ra after the Eyptian Sun God?
Quote:Original post by Lilly Pendragon
thank you..but i think they want to use c++ but i'll ask....thank you SiCrane

Maybe you can get your C++ friends to integrate a Python engine into the game, so you can help out with the game's scripting.
thank you Pina....but where do i get this stuff?
The Python interpreter can be found at python.org. If you try to convince your friends to embed Python tell them to look at boost::python.
Quote:Original post by Ra
You can always learn Python first and then begin learning C++. Many skills you'll learn in Python will help you greatly in understanding and programming with C++.

While major game companies won't be developing in Python, it's a good learning experience and almost everything you learn in it will be transferable to other languages. Python is much more beginner-friendly than C++. It's also great for writing small tools and utilities later on which will come in handy.

It's also a lot more powerful than C++. In any event, it's a great language to start with, and to continue with. Python has actually been used in a few commercial games, such as Freedom Force and the Backyard series of games.
ook thanks everyone!!!!! :) You really helped me out!!!!!! Hugs to everyone! :) I'm just so happy.....

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement