• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
kyc

WIP: Netdeath

This topic is 4829 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I've decided to make a thread showcasing my WIP game, Netdeath. I will try to update this thread 2-3 times a week with screenshots and downloads. Please feel free to comment, report bugs, or make suggestions. Features: * Main menu * Server/Client connect/disconnect * Physics and friction * Animation rendering * File menu Usage: * In the main menu, choose either "Host a Game," "Join a Game," or "Edit Characters" * "Host a Game" -> click on "Start" * "Join a Game" -> click on "Connect" * "Edit Characters" -> click on "Edit Animations" * Host/Join have the same functionality to the player's perspective, use WASD to move. * "Edit Animations", press 1 to play test animation, press 2 to see null animation. * Press ESC in game/animator to go to main menu. * Press ESC in main menu to quit. * GENERAL: Press F1 to lock/unlock mouse inside window. Plans: 1) Make animation/character editor. 2) Implement multiplayer movement. Files (7z archive): netdeath_7-26-05a.7z Screenshots: Concept Art: [Edited by - kyc on July 28, 2005 2:24:36 AM]

Advertisement
Known and Fixed Issue: switching back from the game to the main menu causes lag in the game. This is because I forgot to clear the map when you exit the game, it's fixed in the next build.

Known BUG: On my laptop, the animations work perfectly (ATI). However, on my desktop, the animations are very screwy and spin around sporadically (NVIDIA). Could this be an issue with the video card? All I'm doing is using glPushMatrix and glPopMatrix. The FPS are very close on both machines. Any ideas?

Those two problems I noted have been fixed.

MustEatYemen: I've been an avid player of Soldat for more than two years :)

No downloads today, but I will upload most likely tomorrow with significant updates.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!