• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
atomic_west

What are the odds?

This topic is 4831 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

School is not an option. I know a decent amount of basic and am limited to 2D what are the ods od being a successfull lone wolf inde???

Advertisement
If youre trying to make a living off coding in basic you're going to have a hard time. Would it be possible to just take a few courses to learn a more advanced language?

Not likely. But I could learn a more advanced language on my own but I dont really have time or money for school mainly money.

You can always find a way to go to college today.

Your chances of becoming a successful indie are, unfortunately, very low - at least for while before you gain a reputation and a set of completed and marketed games. It's a bit discouraging, but remember that many people HAVE done it (look at Steve Pavlina), so you should be able to given enough time.

.. but you don't have the time .. ?

I think you should truly consider looking into college - even a community college would be better than nothing. There are so many loans, scholarships and free ways to pay for college that it is practically ridiculous not to look into it. Most of these "scholarships" only require you to take the time to write an essay and complete out a few forms.

Anyway, good luck and keep us posted.

Make games for the fun of it. That way you will succeed without having to sell a single game. And if you do manage to sell some games, that would be the icing on the cake.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!