• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
slyterence

tlbexp problem

This topic is 4773 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi, I have a .NET assembly, with an interface, and a concrete class that I'm trying to export using tlbexp. (The class is a COM+ class, but I don't think that's relevant in this situation). Two of the methods on the interface take structs from another assembly as parameters. The problem I'm having is that one of these structs is erroneously being exported by tlbexp as being part of the current assembly. I.e, when I run tlbexp with verbose on, I see my interface and concrete class, but I'm also seeing the one struct exported. This is incorrect behaviour, because I should see the struct when I tlbexp the assembly it actually resides in. The tlb is being consumed by an unmanaged C++ application, which generates a tlh and tli file. However, because tlbexp is exporting the struct, it's appearing in the wrong namespace in the C++ code, and I can't compile that code as a result, because the wrapper code can't find the type. What's really puzzling though is that everything works fine on my pc, tlbexp produces a typelib with only the correct types in it, but on a colleague's pc, it's generating this extra type which is breaking our build. Can anybody offer any suggestions as to what we can try on his machine to make this work? I've tried the following without success: 1) tlbexp.exe is exactly the same size on both pc's, so I don't think it's that. 2) Removed all references in the registry to the offending namespaces. 3) Copy my exact two assemblies to his machine and tlbexp them (same erroneous struct as if he'd built them) Incidentally, exporting the tlb on a third pc produces the same, correct output as my machine, so it must be something to do with his machine. Thanks in advance Terence

Advertisement
Apparently, deleting the entire working directory and resynching with source control is the recommended fix for this problem. It's quite strange though, because we were not building out of his working directory, but out of a completely separate folder (which was cleaned repeatedly between unsuccessful attempts to export the typelib, by CruiseControl.NET and NAnt).

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!