• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
lxxxk

Question about material

This topic is 4831 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Material in D3D an 3DSMAX's Blinn material system almost the some but with a little diffence, D3D has "power" for calculating specular light, but 3DSMAX has three parameters for it:"specular level", "glossiness" and "soften". Then my question is how to convert the three parameters from 3DSMAX to D3D's "power". Any comment will be appreciated.^0^

Advertisement
Thanks for supporting that article, I thought Blinn Shading and Phong Shading are the same before, after read that article, I find they go through different ways then gets the same result exactly. So this made me more sure that there is a way to convert the equation from 3dsmax to D3D.:)

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!