Help needed with Access 2003

Started by
0 comments, last by Terlenth 18 years, 9 months ago
I'm working on a database for the company where I'm doing my summer job and I've basically completed it. The only thing I need to do now is fine tune it, which includes only allowing the standard user to access the actual forms. Now my problem is that I've used tables within the user based application to improve the speed of certain actions, but the main problem that I'm having is that the user based application will have problems with size. And, since I'm restricting access to the menubars they can't use the "Compact and Repair Database" option in the menu bar. I was wondering if there is any way that I might be able to run that command in Access. I've already tried it through macros but Access keeps telling me that it won't do it. Thanks for any help, --Ter'Lenth
--Ter'Lenth
Advertisement
Well nevermind. Figured out a lower tech way of doing it. Just involved me changing around the menu options a little before restricting everything.

Now the only thing I will have to worry about is whether or not the people I work with will actually do it [lol].

Thanks to all who were thinking about it.

--Ter'Lenth
--Ter'Lenth

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement