• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
the_moo

Puzzle Master - new make to try out (download)

This topic is 4832 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

hey all! while taking a little break from coding my rpg i decided to redo puzzle master to make it better and more polished than the original so i could have something of a very good standard to include in my portfolio when the time comes. after working on it from the beginning (not scratch - testing with old graphics and using my drawing library) for just short of a week i believe the control and base gameplay aspects are complete! [smile] i know not many (if any) of you have played the original puzzle master so here's a link to it in case you want to try it out: Original Puzzle Master Requirements: DirectX 7 or better 500 MHz CPU or better (estimate) now the make im working on already has many advancements and improvements. firstly ive yet to see a glitch in the game - unfortunately the original had a few small glitches that i couldnt fix... next is the new movement system: instead of moving all blocks down by the hieght of each block in one jump, they now move smoothly - im very proud of this [wink] - it looks and plays much better this way! at the moment those are the main changes, but compared to taking me a good 1/4 of a year to do like last time im happy! alright, here's the download for the new make - note that ive just finished the "engine" so to speak so its just straight into the game until you quit: New Puzzle Master (demo) Keys: Arrows - move falling blocks left, right and down (faster) Space - rotate blocks clockwise Escape - quit demo Requirements: DirectX 8.1 or better ???MHz CPU (untested on others but mine) please let me know if you find any glitches and/or problems with it, and please provide feedback on the new system (especially if you played the old make). lastly, as part of this re-make i was planning to upgrade the graphics a LOT and add a bunch more animations for the attacks (anyone who has played the original would know what im talking about), plus put in more game modes. i am wanting to ask if anyone here is interested in working on re-vamping the artwork for the new make to be much more detailed and pleasant on the eyes [wink]. as you can clearly see im not a good pixel artist so i was hoping one out there would like to have their name on the game once its finished. all credit will be given where its due and you'll obviously have the artwork as part of your portfolio/collection. if interested, please pm me or post letting me know. thanks in advance for any feedback!

Advertisement
That is a really nice game. The movement in the game looked smooth, like you said, and I liked that. I didn't find any bugs in the game while playing it. Keep up the good work.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!