• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
ShinichiKudou

I have a quick question about Ogg Vorbis

This topic is 4767 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I have most of Ogg Vorbis and OpenAL working fine. Right now, I want to implement my wrapper so it will automatically switch songs as soon as it finish playing the previous song. I've tried using ov_time_tell() and ov_time_total(), but i'm guessing i'm not using it right: if(ov_time_total(m_Stream, 1) == ov_time_tell(m_Stream)) PlayNextSong(); And I have tried using OggVorbisFile's offset and end members but that did not work for me as well. I haven't much in the OpenAL about end of playback. Can someone help me find the proper way to know when it has finished playing the music?

Advertisement
maybe when the result of ov_read() is 0?
I have check this at all. but I also want to know if there is a way to find when the song has finished.

i just check it out... try to check when the ov_read() returns 0. then the sound has reach the end. it works on me

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!