• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
FinalShot

Which path to take?

This topic is 4829 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Well I decided for my future, its as you guessed... A programmer (in the gaming field). Basically I live in the UK, anyone got an idea of what sort of courses I should go for at university? Im nothing special at C++ yet but im still learning ;) Final

Advertisement
Hello mate,

There are a bunch of courses at different universities in the UK, i'm currently looking to apply in september.

http://www.ucas.com -> course search -> topic and choose Game then select view all game degrees

I don't know how good they are I think it's just going to be picking the university course you like the sound of best and the area you like the look of.

I have a friend who just finished the course at Abertay (Dundee) and he said it was ok, apparently there is 1 amazing lecturer there and few good ones and the rest are a bit of a waste of time.

He also said that he learnt enough to know he hadn't learnt enough if that makes sense.

Anyway good luck with whatever or whereever you choose :D

Malal

"I have a friend who just finished the course at Abertay (Dundee) and he said it was ok, apparently there is 1 amazing lecturer there and few good ones and the rest are a bit of a waste of time.

He also said that he learnt enough to know he hadn't learnt enough if that makes sense."

Isn't that true for most universities? ;)

That was certainly true for Teesside University way back when I was there.

I guess it must be :)

How long ago were you at Teeside and what course did you do?

Just wondering cause it's one of the universities i'm looking at :P

Malal

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!