• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Morkai

Copied from beginner forum: submesh question

This topic is 4832 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Here, I'll just copy what I initially wrote, as it seems to fit here much better: ////////////////////////////// Hi guys, long time reader, just registered today. I think what you have going on here is truly amazing for the indy development scene. My question, not sure how to phrase it, is regarding modelling for MMORPGs. I've been trying to find tutorials, well, not even tutorials, just a basic explanation, of how to model for MMOs but I'm lacking the right terminology. What kind of a model would you call those that most MMOs use where each part of the character model (head/torso/arms/"pants" area/feet/hands/etc) can be hotswapped for another model, so as to portray what the character currently has equipped? So far I think I've discovered its some kind of mesh model, I'd just love to know what it's officially called so I can look into it more thoroughly. Thanks for the help!! -Morkai ///////////////////////////// What I've since gathered from reading through here is that I might possibly be talking about submesh modelling. Is that true? I'm trying to find resources on this process for 3DS Max, so the better I can come to a industry-accepted definition, the better.

Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!