• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Grahf750

multiplying exponents

This topic is 4888 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I am doing an integral and can't figure it out. This is not for programming it is for homework but integrals will come into programming somewhere down the line I am guessing. So here it is 1/20 multiplied by the integral from 0 to 20 of 202.31/(1 + e^(3.938-0.314t)) hint: multiply the integrand by e^0.314t/e^0.314t Now I don't want anybody to do it for me I just need the first step. When you multiply e^(3.938-0.314t) by e^(0.314t) can you distribute the exponents to make e^(1.236532t - .628t^2)? If you can what is the step after that. I am guessing that when I get the initial step I am not seeing I will be able to do the rest thanks all.

Advertisement
Unless I missed something, (e^x)*(e^y)=e^(x+y). That should make it fairly obvious how this hint is supposed to make it easier.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!