I'm about halfway done with my SDL tutorials

Started by
5 comments, last by Lazy Foo 18 years, 8 months ago
Lazy Foo's SDL tutorials Check 'em out and tell me what you think. I plan on making some changes to the tutorials. First off I plan on adding 5 more tutorials. Secondly I plan on adjusting the order the tutorials are in and naming them by number instead of title. I plan to put them in this order (new tutorials are bolded) 1. Setting up SDL 2. Surface Loading and Blitting 3. Extension Libraries and Loading Other Image Formats 4. Event Driven Programming 5. Color Keying 6. Clip Blitting and Sprite Sheets 7. True Type Fonts 8. Key Presses 9. Timers 10. Regulating Frame Rate 11. Calculating Frame Rate 12. Motion 13. Collision Detection 14. Per-pixel Collision Detection 15. Circular Collision Detection 16. Playing Sounds 17. Animation 18. Scrolling 19. Scrolling Backgrounds 20. Key States 21. Mouse Events 22. Joysticks 23. Bitmap Fonts 24. Using SDL Threads I'm also wondering which compilers/IDEs I should cover in the setting up SDL and extension library tutorials. This is what I plan to cover so far: Windows: Dev C++ MSVC++ 6.0 MSVC++.NET Code Blocks Linux: g++ (command line) Mac OS X g++ (command line) which other ones I should include? Anybody have any other suggestions/comments? --- My governor can kick your governor's ass. [Edited by - Lazy Foo on August 9, 2007 7:44:00 PM]

Learn to make games with my SDL 2 Tutorials

Advertisement
[off topic] lazy foo, you aren't by chance from minnesota, are you? Either way, nice sig.[/off topic]
HxRender | Cornerstone SDL TutorialsCurrently picking on: Hedos, Programmer One
They are really good! Great work and nice topics!
Altough the server is very slow. If you emailed me the site as a zip-file, I could put up a mirror.

My email is davorb@gmail.com
I wouldn't really say these are tutorials, I would rather title them as examples of how to use the SDL libraries. I like the look of them. Very nicely done, looks like you spent a lot of time on these [smile]. SDL_gfx has a nice FPS manager... Good job!
Rob Loach [Website] [Projects] [Contact]
Quote:Original post by PnP Bios
[off topic] lazy foo, you aren't by chance from minnesota, are you? Either way, nice sig.[/off topic]

Actually Kal I Fornia, home of the Governator.

and of course my DNS server is down.

For $6 a month I sure am getting what I'm paying for.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement