• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
role

[java] ParaJump v2.5 Game

This topic is 4879 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

This game is not made by me, but made by one of my game engine, GTGE, user. It's simple but fun, so I thought perhaps you guys want to check it out. Para Jump, a simulation of become a paratrooper. Want to feel how to become a paratrooper, try it here: main download page play as applet Any comments, feedback, suggestions are highly appreciated...

Advertisement
Your applet needs to be a little stub, whose main purpose is to create a loading bar and then go off and download the rest of the jars.

Cas :)

Huh?? How to make that?
Any code example around?
Also Java 1.5, already have loading bar?

For all those people that don't have 1.5 :)

Basically your applet actually becomes a really small stub loader, whose only purpose is to put up a progress bar, and then connect back to the server and download the game jar and keep the progress bar updated. I seem to recall GameLizard do something like this.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!