• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Mephs

[4E4] Stereotypical RZNP abilities

This topic is 4766 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

*EDIT* I am updating the list with all suggestions so that we have one comprehensive list :) *EDIT* Hey all, I personally feel I have something equivalent to designers-block, in that I've spent so much time working on the design of my game, I think Im starting to miss the obvious, so I wondered if it would be beneficial to us all to get some list going of stereotypically pirate/zombie/robot/ninja type abilities/characteristics. If people feel this is too much of a personal plea for help, then feel free to ignore this post, but I'm also hoping it will be a good resource for everyone who may also be suffering from designers-block! So I'll make a vague list to get us started and try to compile it into a big list for everyone to use as reference/inspiration. I know it will be short to start with as otherwise I wouldn't be posting this... but I'll try to add more of my own ideas as the thread (hopefully!) progresses. Cheers, Steve Pirates: Buried treasure, Cannons, Pirate Ship, Jolly Roger (aka skull and crossbones), Peglegs, Eyepatches, Alcohol, Hooks, Parrots, Sabers, even more Alcohol Zombies: Brain munching, Crawling out of graves, Impervious to most attacks A spell can turn the dead into zombies, Can come from a desease that spreads to living people, Move slowly, Moaning, Dismembered, Infectious, Mind-controlled Robots: Also impervious to most attacks, Vulnerable to EMP, Lasers, Super strength, Accurate targetting systems Humanoid, Fast, Deadly, Huge, Slow, Heavy armor, Heavy arms, Heavy ;) Small, quick, suicidal, explosive Ninjas: Shuriken, Stealth, Martial Arts, Assassination, Katana, Poisoned darts, Smoke bombs, Exotic weapons, Lots of hidden weapons, White/Black Ninjas [Edited by - Mephs on July 28, 2005 12:39:41 PM]

Advertisement
Some stereotypes & characteristics that came to my mind:

Pirates:

Peglegs,
Eyepatches,
Alcohol,
Hooks,
Parrots,
Sabers,
even more Alcohol

Zombies:

Moaning,
Dismembered,
Infectious,
Mind-controlled

Robots:

Humanoid, strong, fast, accurate, deadly

or

Huge, slow, heavy armor, heavy arms, heavy ;)

or

Small, quick, suicidal, explosive

Ninjas:

Katana,
Poisoned darts,
Smoke bombs,
Exotic weapons,
Lots of hidden weapons,
White/Black Ninjas

Zombies:
A spell can turn the dead into zombies.
They can come from a desease that spreads to living people.
They move slowly.

This seems like a good place for a question I've had:

What is the stereotypical way for a person to become a zombie? I saw some mention of infection above, is it just supposed to be some disease that gets transferred from the zomby to the victim? Transfered how, by touching?

Quote:
Original post by intrest86
This seems like a good place for a question I've had:

What is the stereotypical way for a person to become a zombie? I saw some mention of infection above, is it just supposed to be some disease that gets transferred from the zomby to the victim? Transfered how, by touching?

The two most common methods I have seen are:

1. Person dies and comes back to life
2. Person gets taken over by some sort of disease or virus

Or a combination of the two, as in resident evil. I think you can be creative though. For example, I will not hide that in my game my zombies are regular humans who have gone insane from not being able to sleep or die for 50 years. It could happen.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!