animated mesh, hot question

Started by
1 comment, last by Say 18 years, 9 months ago
ok i would create animation for my mesh but it hasn't skeletral or bones just keyframes aniamtion. Skipping for the moment the parse of loading this kind of mesh, how can i create different animation for the same mesh, and tell in my game play the animation num 2 so render frame 4 then 5, then 6-7-8-9 ok stop now came back on animation 1 that is frame 1 then 2 then 3??! I know it is a easy question but i've no idea about! tnx
Advertisement
Are you using the D3DX provided animation libraries?

If not, then it's just a logic "problem" for your application to deal with [smile]

I wrote a keyframe animation library in VB6/D3D8 a few years back that maintained a queue of "future" frames... for each animation it'd just add the necessary frames to the queue - if it ran out of frames in the queue it'd either stop or query the system to determine any looping properties (and hence which set to re-add to the queue).

hth
Jack

<hr align="left" width="25%" />
Jack Hoxley <small>[</small><small> Forum FAQ | Revised FAQ | MVP Profile | Developer Journal ]</small>

i could also use D3DX provided animation libraries but i do't know what i've to reffering at.
How can i get information from the .x file about the mesh of frame number 4 (for example)?

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement