• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
westside_indie

Python on Consoles & mobiles?

This topic is 4827 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hey Everyone! I was wondering if any of you would know whether or not Python can be used to make games on consoles like the Gamecube, Xbox, Playstation, etc. or mobile phones. Please respond, and sorry if this is the wrong forum. Thanks!

Advertisement
Gamecube, Xbox, Playstation - if it runs Linux then yes. Though you'll not be leveraging the full range of the console's capability.

Mobile phones - Depends on the phone.

Quote:
Original post by westside_indie
Hey Everyone! I was wondering if any of you would know whether or not Python can be used to make games on consoles like the Gamecube, Xbox, Playstation, etc. or mobile phones.

on consoles?

A full game? probably not.

[another slew of issues if you want to use the developers kits for the consoles and want to have a real licensed title]

phones are another issue I know little about

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!