• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Stompy9999

Looking for a good memory debugger

This topic is 4885 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I've come across a big memory bug when working on my current game. I keep getting segmentation faults when I run my game, which of course, causes it to crash. I've tried to find the bug by myself and with Dev-C++'s debugger, but no luck. I'm now looking for a good memory debugger, so I can catch the source of the segmentation fault. Does anybody know of any free memory debuggers? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Advertisement
Hmmmm...dev-c++ and debugger aren't two words I'd put together...generally mutually exclusive.

Anyhow

Try this

Paul Nettles Memory Manager

Is a very good.

Not too much documentation online, fluidstudios.com or flipcode.com, but I reckon you'll get the drift.

Hope it helps.

edit: fixed link tag -SiCrane

edit: Thanks....was wondering how that happenned.:)

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!