• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
BornToCode

Where can i get the d3dx9_27.dll

This topic is 4816 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Advertisement
I am getting the same problem. Something similar happened when I installed the June 2005 SDK update...

Anyone?

I think I found the solution to the problem.

When I had the problem before, someone mentioned something about extracting it and installing it to the same folder. Previously, I had told it to install it to a different folder than the same place that I extracted it. If you are having similar problems, try uninstalling it, then extracting it and installing it to the same folder (I used c:\DirectX 9 SDK (August 2005)\).

Are you sure it's d3dx_27.dll that you're looking for?
As far as I know the latest version of d3dx file is d3dx_26.dll, I could be wrong though...

Anyways, answers to this kind of questions should be found in this thread.

Also, you might want to visit this site to know how to build your own d3dx installer.

Edit: I just found out about the August 2005 update to directx SDK, so I suppose that's where d3dx_27.dll will be, I guess my 2nd link will help you build your d3dx installer.

Seriously, when you install the SDK, extract it and install it to the same directory. It fixed it for me, and I was having the same problem.

Quote:
Original post by Moe
Seriously, when you install the SDK, extract it and install it to the same directory. It fixed it for me, and I was having the same problem.

Sure, but if you want to redistribute your app, you won't be redistributing the SDK ;)

d3dx9_27.dll is the August D3DX library release. It should have been installed when you installed the SDK. You can distribute it only as part of an installer but since the June update MS have made it possible to include only the dll in the installer. This allows you to distribute it to anyone who has Windows XP SP2 as you know they will have the rest of DirectX 9.0c runtime already. If you want the installer I have made one - it is here: http://www.toymaker.info/Games/html/d3dx_dlls.html

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!