• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Samurai Jack

Vertex visualisation tool

This topic is 4885 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Greetings! I was wondering if there is allready a tool outthere, which could visualise a set of vertices for me. For example: i would put in a table of points 2D or 3D and it would plot the points for me? Excell and souch tools only draw Graphs/Lines but not a set of points. I would like to modify vertices and directly see the results, without recompilng my programs and building some frameworks to visualise some simple data?

Advertisement
Perhaps gnuplot (http://www.gnuplot.info/) can help you.

If you have a data file of xyz triples, one on each line, and each component whitespace-separated, you can get a scatter plot with the command:

splot "datafile"

The newer versions have interactive plotting, so you can rotate, zoom, etc on the fly

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!